Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, get medical attention immediately. Then contact us.
Phone: (413) 785-1121 Toll Free: (800) 294-0992

I’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident; what should I do first?

Seek medical attention immediately and notify the police. You may obtain emergency department medical care at most hospitals,in Massachusetts. After you have received medical attention, then report the accident to your,insurance company or agent. Failure to quickly notify your motor vehicle insurer may be a bar to future claims, especially for hit and run accidents.

Is it a good idea to take photographs?

Yes. Documentation of the accident scene, the conditions in the area, missing safety markers, photographs of the vehicles involved and especially your own injuries may assist in evaluating the facts and circumstances as well as memorializing damages that may favorably influence the value of your case. If your accident is the topic of a newspaper article, preserve that as well.

Do I need to talk to the insurance company by telephone?

We recommend that you do not make any verbal statements to an insurance investigator or an adjuster without first speaking with an attorney. Obtain the caller’s name and telephone number, but don’t talk about your case. We can return the call on your behalf. Do not agree to a “recorded statement” until consulting with a lawyer.

Should I sign documents related to my accident that come to my home?

Never sign anything until you have consulted with an experienced attorney.

What are “PIP” benefits?

“PIP” is the abbreviation for “Personal Injury Protection”. PIP benefits provide coverage for the first $2,000.00 of medical expenses; money to replace lost wages up to 75% with limitations; and, necessary services attributable to your injuries. Persons eligible for PIP benefits are you and certain other classes of persons who are injured or killed in an automobile accident regardless of fault. This is where the term “no-fault” insurance came from. To ascertain if PIP benefits apply, you should consult with an attorney who can explain coverage, deductibles and exclusions.